288 Havannah Street, Bathurst NSW 2795
Phone: 02 6332 6108
How do I enrol?
Little Scallywags is an approved child care service that offers Child Care Benefit to families to assist with the cost of care and complies with the Commonwealth Governments Priority of Access Guidelines.
Parents interested in enrolling their child need to complete the following steps:
- A copy of the completed Waiting List/Registration Form must be returned to Scallywags with a non refundable deposit of .50 to secure your place on the waiting list.
- The lists are reviewed regularly and parents are contacted as vacancies arise. When a suitable vacancy becomes available, parents are contacted and an enrolment pack is sent to them with further information.
- When the completed enrolment form, birth verification and immunisation statement have been received, your child will be enrolled in the centre. Please note that completed enrolment information MUST be received prior to the child commencing in care.
What hours is the Centre open?
Little Scallywags is open from 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, closed weekends and public holidays.
Can I come and have a look through the Centre?
Families are invited for an orientation visit prior to commencing care. During the orientation visit, you will be provided with a tour, introduced to staff and given information regarding routines, collection requirements and the attendance register.
How can I pay my fees?
Fees are charged at the end of each week, public holidays, absent days and holidays must be paid for. Child Care Benefit (CCB) is available. Fees can be paid at the Scallywags office between 8.30am to 2.00pm for EFTPOS & cash payments. Fees can also be paid by direct debit.
Fees should be paid a week in advance and the centre reserves the right to terminate a child's enrolment in the event of outstanding unpaid fees.
How can I help my child settle in to care?
The Eduators at Little Scallywags are happy to assist you settle your child and have a number of strategies in place to assist you. Please feel free to phone at any time of day to see how your child has settled in.
What do I need to bring?
- Spare clothes which covers your shoulders for sun safety
- Sun hat with a brim
- Water bottle
- Jumper or coat
- Disposable nappies (if required)
Do I have to provide meals or snacks for my child?
Parents are asked to bring their child's lunch, morning and afternoon tea is provided. Children will be offered fruit along with a rotating menu of a selection of foods including sandwiches, cheese and crackers, pikelets, pasta and wraps. We provide children with milk at morning tea and encourage children to drink water throughout the day.
Little Scallywags caters for children with special dietary requirements and any allergies or intolerances to food should be indicated on the child's enrolment form. The centre is a Nut Free environment.
Does the Centre celebrate birthdays?
We are happy to bake a cake for your child's birthday, please allow two days notice. Please feel welcome to bring a birthday cake for your child to share, a list of ingredients must accompany a cake. Please also ensure that their are No Nuts or nut products in the cake.