Site Our Search

Main FAQ

  • Why should I choose Bathurst Regional Council Children's Services?

    Bathurst Regional Council has been providing child care to the Bathurst Community for a total of 106 years. The longevity of our service speaks volumes through the generations of children who have grown and flourished under the guidance and care of our experienced and dedicated staff.

    All services operate according to Early Childhood Education & Care National Regulations and the National Quality Standards and Framework, producing the highly professional standard of care that is exhibited across each of the services.

    The diverse range of child care options for the children ages 0-12 years include long day care - Scallywags, Little Scallywags, along with Bathurst Family Day Care and the Bathurst Regional Council Vacation Care. Parents and carers are able to choose from our multiple services to find the perfect option for their child depending on personal family needs.

  • What is Long Day Care?

    Long Day Care is often called a child care centre. It is centre-based child care provided by professional staff where babies and children up to school starting age can be cared for while their parents work, study or have other commitments.

  • What is Family Day Care?

    Family Day Care is an approved form of child care that is provided in the Educators own home. Family Day Care Educators are early childhood education and care professionals, registered with a Family Day Care Service that is responsible for approving, supporting, training and advising its Educators.

    Family Day Care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of childcare, incorporating national regulations, quality and qualification standards, educational frameworks and an assessment and rating process. Parents are eligible for the same Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate subsidies.

    Educators work in partnership with the local Coordination Unit who provide regular visits to monitor the children's progress and to provide support.

  • When do I need a Medical Management Plan? What happens if my child requires medication?

    Medical Management Plans are required for children with allergies, epilepsy, dietary requirements, asthma and skin conditions.

    Non prescription medication will not be administered without a doctor's certificate. The dosage must be in accordance with the instruction on the bottle. Prescribed medication must be in the original bottle and in the name of the child indicated on the Medication Form completed by the parent.

  • What happens if my child gets sick?

    If your child becomes unwell, we will contact you immediately and you may be required to collect your child.

    We are committed to providing and maintaining a healthy environment so please don't send your child to the Centre if you are concerned they are unwell.

  • What will my child learn?

    All Services provide a flexible program that allows children to feel free to follow their own interests and ideas. The program is based on the Early Years Learning Framework or the My Time, Our Place which aims to develop children into successful, confident and creative learners.

  • Is rest time available throughout the Services?

    All children are given the opportunity to rest or have quiet time during the day, Parents are consulted on an ongoing basis to determine the needs of each child. All Services promote 'Safe Sleeping' procedures as recommended by SIDS

  • Do the Services have a Sun Smart policy?

    Each child must wear a sun hat when playing outside, Our Services are Sun Smart Centres and support the recommendation of the Cancer Council of a 'No Hat, No Play' so if a child does not have a broad brim hat they will be provided with a spare hat, or asked to stay in shaded areas of the playground.

  • 1