Site Our Search


  • How do I enrol my child in Family Day Care?

      Please contact the office either by phone: 6333 6560, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or in person at 34 William Street, Bathurst to discuss your child care needs. The office has a list of Educators with current vacancies and can provide you with information and advice.

      Collect an enrolment pack, this can be done by downloading one from the website phoning the office on 6333 6560, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or in person at 34 William Street, Kelso. Enrolment forms must be completed for each child prior to commencing care and a current immunisation statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR).

      When you have selected an Educator, please advise the office. Parents are invited to attend the office for a parent interview. The parent interview provides the parents with an opportunity to ask any questions and discuss topics including:

    1. Does your child have any special needs or requirements?
    2. Days and hours of care you require?
    3. Are there court orders in place?
    4. Who has authority to collect your child?
    5. Have you been assessed by the Family Assistance Office for Child Care Rebate (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR)?

    6. Please bring along copies of your child's birth certificate, immunisation statement, the Customer Reference Number (CRN) for yourself and your child.

      Your child is ready to commence care when the Scheme has received a completed enrolment form, copies of birth certificate & immunisation statement. 

  • How much does it cost?

    Educators determine their own fees, conditions and charging practices. Your Educator will advise you the fees payable for their service. Fees are paid directly to the Educator by the end of the week or by individual agreement with the Educator. If eligible for Child Care Benefit (CCB) and/or Child Care Rebate (CCR) the fees paid to the Educator will be reduced according to the amount of Child Care Benefit entitlement or Child Care Rebate.

    Parents are requested to complete a Confirmation of Care Contract. The contract must be signed by both the Educator and parent before care can commence. If the Child Care fees are not paid to the Educator by the end of the week the Educator has the right to forfeit the child's place.

  • What do I need to bring?


    • Spare clothes
    • Sun hat with a brim
    • Water bottle
    • Jumper or coat
    • Disposable nappies (if required)
    • Meals

  • How can I help my child settle in?

    Children can develop separation anxiety when their routine changes, some suggestion to help prepare your child for Family Day Care include:

    • Encouraging your child to have contact with a number of people to build confidence and overcome fears.
    • Develop a routine that can be adapted to the Family Day Care environment.
    • If possible, start your child in Family Day Care with short separations and gradually increase the length of time.
    • On the first day of Family Day Care explain to your child where they are going and when you will be back.
    • Set up an activity for your child and find a simple phrase to let your child know you are going and a phrase to let them know your're coming back.
    • When it is time to say goodbye remind your child where you are going and when you will be back, do not leave without your child knowing and stay calm.
    • If your child becomes upset hold them and try to calm them, cuddle them and speak warmly to them, remain calm and reassure them they're safe.

    Please feel free to phone your Educator at any time of day to see how your child has settled in.

  • How many children can the Educators care for?

    Educators are permitted to have up to four (4) children under school age, this includes their own children. Educators can also care for school age children and have a maximum of seven (7) children in care.

  • Are the Educators qualified and who monitors them?

    Educators are required to hold a minimum of Certificate III in Children's Services or be working towards a qualification in Early Childhood. Educators are carefully selected and assessed by the Coordination Unit. Registered Educators are required by law to have completed a Working with Children Check, training in Child Protection, Senior First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis in addition to being compliant with Workplace Health and Safety Regulations.

    Qualified early childhood staff support and monitor Educators through regular visits to the residence. The Child Development Officers ensure Educators are meeting the regulatory requirements in relation to health & safety, provide Educators with training, resources & policies, guidance, assistance with alternate care, professional advice and support and assistance in emergencies.

  • What should I do if I have a question regarding my Educator?

    The Service encourages parents to raise any questions they may have with the Educator first, then speak to a Child Development Officer (CDO) or the Family Day Care Coordinator. The Scheme is always open to feedback.

  • 1